How to Take Off Hard Gel Nails at Home- A gel manicure is a service that uses a gel-based polish and also requires a UV or LED light to cure the polish and also lock it onto your nails. Gel polish is more durable than regular polish And while regular polish can chip as quick as two to three days, the gel stays chip-free for weeks. So It’s not easy to remove them.
Gel nails are great because they last longer and are hard to chip. It’s these same properties, however, that make gel nails a pain to remove. While going to a salon to get them professionally taken off is always the best answer, there are times where that’s just not possible. sometimes removing your gel nails at home is the only option.
If you’re going to go this route, however, it’s best to do so properly. After all, scraping and pulling at the gel to get it off can cause damage. Instead, follow this guide and you’ll be back to your beautiful natural nails in no time at all-
HOW TO REMOVE HARD GEL NAILS SAFELY
Cut your nails-
Trim down the extensions if you have them.
File the topcoat
With a coarse file, remove about a third of the gel. “Filing lets the acetone penetrate through the rest of the gel, which makes the soak-off easier.
- How To Remove Color Street Nails Easily At Home
- Coffin 4th July nail Art Designs Ideas And Manicure Art for 2021
Wrap the nail
Now Soak the cotton ball in acetone. Place it on top of the nail, then wrap the nail with aluminum foil. Wrap only one hand at a time. “You can use the other hand while you’re doing the removal.
Let the wraps sit for about 10 minutes. (Soak hard gel for 20 minutes.
Remove the gel
When you remove the wraps, the gel will be partly lifted from the nail. Use an orangewood stick to gently push the gel off your nail.
Steps for Removing Hard Gel Nails
- Start by using nail clippers to trim your nails.
- File down the surface of your nails using a nail file with 80/80 grit. Be sure to file softly and evenly in cross-hatches while constantly moving the file to new areas.
- As you file, wipe the dust away so you can see when you reach your natural nails.
- Once you can see the ridges of your nail, file the remaining gel with a finer-grit nail file. Work gently and slowly to avoid damaging your natural nails.
- When all the gel is gone, use a buffer to smooth the surface of your nails.
- Apply cuticle oil and nail moisturizer.
That’s it for today. I hope you like Today’s blog. Today we talk about Color Street. If you find this article helpful please don’t forget to share my post and also follow me on Instagram for new updates.
Thank You and have a great day!