Acrylic Nail Removal – There’s so much to love about acrylic nails. Not only are they long-lasting and super durable, but getting a set of acrylics gives us instant “I-can-do-anything” vibes. The confidence boost. The gorgeous look. The instant need to emphasize everything with your hands–and, yes—that satisfying clickety-clack sound they make are all reasons we’re fans of acrylic nails. But, like all good things, acrylic nails have their end. And while it’s always best to have acrylics removed professionally by your nail tech, we all know sometimes that just isn’t possible. That being said, it is possible to take off acrylic nails at home, and it can be done without damage or breakage as long as you remove them the right way.
How Do I Remove Acrylic Nails at Home?
While learning how to remove acrylic nails may seem intimidating, it may actually be simpler than figuring out how to get nail glue off of your skin. There are a few tried-and-true methods when it comes to how to remove acrylic nails safely and easily. Whether you’re rocking a classic French mani on almond-shaped tips or just indulged in some cool neon nails, you can take your pick from different removal options.
How to Remove Acrylic Nail Removal Safely-
This is one of the easiest and gentlest methods to soak off acrylic nails. It is also the safest method.
Things You Will Need
- Warm water
- Nail filer
- Orange sticks
- Nail clipper
Step By Step Process
Trim the nail to the shortest length possible and pry the edges with the stick.
Pour warm water into a bowl. Make sure the temperature is comfortable as you have to soak for a long.
Soak your nails in warm water for at least 30-40 minutes to dissolve the glue. Dip at an angle where the warm water can seep through the inlet you made with your orange stick.
If the nails do not come out, add warm water, and soak for some more time.
Quick Tip: As you have to soak for a long, the water will start getting cold. Keep pouring warm water now and then to maintain a constant warm temperature. Take a look at this video to know more.
How Can You Take Off Acrylic Nails Without Acetone?
If you’re wondering how to remove acrylic nails without acetone, we’ve got you covered. Try the nail removal technique below.
What you’ll need: Nail clippers, tweezers or a cuticle stick, acetone-free nail polish remover, and a bowl.
How to execute: Again, begin by clipping your nails as short as possible. Then using a pair of tweezers or a cuticle stick, gently pry and lift the edges of your acrylics. Operative word: Gently. Pour some acetone-free nail polish remover into a bowl, making sure to pour enough so your nails can be fully submerged, and put your fingers in.
Let them soak for 30 to 40 minutes or more if needed. When the nail starts to loosen, reach for your tweezers once more to pull the acrylics off your actual nails. This process may take longer but won’t leave your nails and cuticles as brittle and dry as acetone can.
- Paronychia Treatment at Home – Treating Infected Cuticle
- How To Strengthen your Thin Nails – NAIL HACKS for Strong Nails
How To Care For Your Nails After Removing Acrylics- Acrylic Nail Removal
- After removing the nail, scrape off the residue of acrylic nails from your nail bed.
- Use a cuticle oil right after you remove the acrylic nails to restore your real nail bed.
- These procedures can be really harsh on the skin, so apply a gentle moisturizer after the process.
- If it has been a while, the tips of your natural nails must have grown out. Trim your real nail tips with a nail clipper.
- As a follow-up treatment, apply nail hardener every day for at least two weeks.
- You might be tempted to get creative with the shape of your nails, but allowing them to grow in their natural shape is essential as it will prevent cracking or breaking.
- Acrylics can weaken your real nails and leave them in need of nourishment. Keep them hydrated with cuticle oil and lotion.
All right!! So these are some tips at home. I hope you liked today’s blog. If You have any questions about nails related comment below and ask…
- DIY Remove Nail polish Without Nail Polish Remover At Home
- October Nails Designs & Nail Art Ideas for 2022 – October Nails Idea
Also, like my blog and subscribe for new blog updates. Also, follow me on INSTAGRAM. for new updates.
THANK YOU FOR READING MY ARTICLE… LUV YOU AND BYEE